h1

So I missed NaNoRenO… time to move on and focus on something else like… working on improving an older project :)

April 4, 2013

I’m still alive you know… barely…

preview_03

So here is Ren’py Date Simulator, The Game (not again)… a tiny VN based around the demo VN included in Ren’py released back in 2011… Unfortunately, the rush to finish it before the end of the year left me with some lingering regrets and questions like what could I have done to make it better but still within my cheap, fast and efficient way of doing things… the amount of regret is so much I haven’t uploaded the game on the Ren’py archives yet.

preview_01

I know, I know… this is beating a dead horse… again and again… but I’m doing this to achieve a desired result. Right now I know next to nothing about Ren’py screens and boxes and widgets and so on so I’m not gonna touch the underlying Date Simulation Framework. That leaves me with Graphics and GUI as the only things feasible for an update.

preview_02

So let start with the BG’s… time and time again I am preaching the advantages of creating BG’s using Sketchup. Everyone frowns about it but hey… it works! And I’m gonna use it… Nearly 2 years later, my methods have streamlined and improved so much, I’m beginning to think some of my BG’s are really hovering close to professional VN quality… minus the hard work and effort… but there are times that the renderer I’m using (Twilight Renderer) doesn’t behave the way I wanted it to be resulting in BG’s that are borderline almost life-like which is a big NO-NO in OELVN… all of that despite all my initial efforts to make sure it doesn’t come out that way.

preview_04

Another thing I need to note is my ever changing style that is dictated by how lazy / busy I get. I gave up a long time ago on becoming the best artist / illustrator out there and instead focus on making as much money as I can before I reach retirement age. And especially now that I’m plagued with several ailments, one of which is destined to eventually get me, I must make use of my remaining time more efficiently. So I resorted to simplistic anime styled two tone that changes from time to time depending on my mood and dictated by how lazy / busy I get.

preview_06

Click image to view larger image

Which is kinda interesting how much the characters have evolved from the initial release to their now current form. I also decided to focus on what I think looks good instead of trying to be as close as possible to the original source look. So I throw everything out of the window (like I always do) and decided to give her a much more slender looking but less complex hair. I also give her more meat and muscle despite being the timid one and I also increase the mass of those two things in her chest. The tie is now gone and is replaced by a ribbon which is looking better and the skirt is now plaided…

preview_05

OK last preview… I think I’m beginning to miss those painkillers now…

“POOF” (Disappears)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: